Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Non-Resident Pension Payout

If you have not lived in Canada for two consecutive years, you are considered a non-resident and are eligible to apply for a one-time lump-sum payment from PEPP.


To be eligible for a lump-sum payment, you:

  • must be a non-resident of Canada; and
  • cannot have resided in Canada for at least two consecutive years; and
  • cannot have started receiving a pension; and
  • are not eligible for a Small Pension Payment; and
  • must withdraw the entire account balance.

If you are eligible, you will receive your payout in Canadian currency.

Be sure that you will be able to cash your cheque and convert it to the currency of your current country of residence. Note that currency conversion rates and fees may apply.

Learn more in the PEPP Talk - Lump-sum Payments to a Non-Resident of Canada.

To apply for a lump-sum payment, visit Account Changes - Apply for a Small Pension Payment.