Apply for Variable Pension Benefit
Complete this form if you are retiring and want to start a Variable Pension Benefit.
Learn more about the Variable Pension Benefit on Understand Your Pension - Variable Pension Benefit.
Forms and Documentation
These are the forms PEPP requires to process your VPB application:
NOTE: PEPP requires originals for the four forms listed above. Depending on your situation, the last two forms may or may not apply.
You can submit certified copies of all other documents:
Proof of membership for former PEPP members, which can be a previous PEPP member statement, a T4, or a payslip showing PEPP deductions;
Applicable Canada Revenue Agency transfer documents for members transferring money into the VPB from outside sources (T2033 for RRSPs, T2151 for locked-in transfers).
PROOF OF AGE
- Your birth certificate, driver’s licence, or passport
- Your spouse’s birth certificate (if applicable), driver’s licence, or passport
PROOF OF MARITAL STATUS
- Your marriage certificate, if you are married
- Declaration of Common-law Relationship form, if you are not married but have a common-law spouse
- Proof of death, if your spouse is deceased
- Proof of your single status such as your divorce certificate or Decree Absolute, if you were previously in a spousal relationship
Refer to Acceptable Documentation, for information on how to certify your documents and what document(s) you may need to change your information.
Your VPB application will be processed in approximately five business days of receipt after all documentation is submitted.
There is no cost to apply for the Variable Pension Benefit.